Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bossypants

Author: Tina Fey

Rating: 3 stars

Review:

I did not actually write a review for this on Goodreads but I am writing one now. Truthfully, it is because I was really disappointed in the book, which I realize goes against my rating system. I LOVE Tina Fey. She is hilarious and awesome and I adore her. But I did not adore this book. I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't quite right for me. I certainly did not expect it to be funnier, because one can not expect to laugh all the time through everything. I don't know, there is just something I can't quite put my finger on that made this less than stellar for me. But alas, because I do love her work as a whole so much, I couldn't bring myself to rate it lower than a 3. If I am being objective and pushing adoration aside and not thinking about Liz Lemon and Weekend Updates and Sarah Palin impersonations, then it is a solid two-star rating. But since I am human and not a robot, those characters, among others, come into play. The best I can say is, give it a try yourself and see what you think if you find Tina as funny as I do. You might easily come away with a different impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!