Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Complete Pompeii

1727880

Rating: 5 Stars

Review:

I absolutely adore this book and must have a copy for my very own.

If the burning desire to see these magnificent ruins did not already exist in my heart, this book certainly would have ignited it. Beautiful illustrations - both theoretical reconstructions and photographs of the site today, fill the pages. It truly is a complete picture of life in Pompeii, as much as we can know anyway - so much will remain a mystery. Additionally, the author offers travel advice and highlights specific points of interest upon visiting. I can't even imagine what it would be like to stand on a street in Pompeii and see Vesuvius looming beyond the city walls, but it's an experience I can't wait to have

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!