Friday, June 5, 2015

The Shakespeare Thefts

11482494

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

Despite some issues with the author's writing style, this was a quick, interesting read.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to own a First Folio.

Additionally:

Okay, so I realize that review was severely lacking in anything that actually resembles  real review. But it is so lovely and romantic to think about the Bard's words still being accessible to us today, recorded for posterity by men who knew him personally. I found Rasmussen and his team's work interesting, but after a brief introduction into their roles, they all but disappeared, much like many of the Folios they seek. I found the anecdotes interesting, my favorite was 'The Pope's Sticky Fingers'. I'm highly intrigued by the copy in Japan that, at the time of printing, they've been unable to yet see up to point of publication in 2011.

As a side note, I appreciate that there was no discussion about the identity of William Shakespeare. I believe he is the man who has been presented through the ages, not Bacon, not anyone else. It is a debate I don't much care for anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!