Saturday, December 31, 2016

Farewell 2016!


What a year!

If you have been following me especially in the last few days on Twitter, you might already know that I was so close - yet so far - from reaching my 2016 Goodreads Challenge of 250 books.

In 2015 I had set my goal for 200 books and surpassed it easily, finishing the year at 238 books/61,279 pages. I figured what would another 12 books be? I could read 250 easily.

Boy, was I wrong.

In all my infinite wisdom, I forgot the little fact that I had also committed myself to blogging more earnestly about my books and reviews. I also wanted to become more involved in the blogging community because this can sometimes be a lonely gig when you read a lot of books that other people don't. Finding a group to belong to helps, even if your reading tastes vary.

So, despite my great effort in the last three weeks or so, I must admit defeat. With a little more than three hours until 2017 descends upon us, I have decided I will not longer try to scramble to finish the easy-peasy-lemon-squeezey chick lit and cozy mysteries that have jammed their way into my brain. I do not mean any offense to those who enjoy these kinds of stories. I actually found a few books that I enjoyed and look forward to continuing a series or two in 2017. The majority, however, were simply not for me.

Instead, I will end the year as I began it - with those I love the most: the Tudors, Plantagenets, and an assortment of US presidents.

Happy Reading and Happy New Year!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!