Sunday, April 1, 2018

Extra Special Treasure!


2110398

Pretty much any time my pastor mentions ancient references to Jesus from other cultures around the world, I am at rapt attention. Last week he mentioned the Chinese references to the skies darkening during the Crucifixion. I asked if he had any texts about it, and he told me about this one, which is no easy book to find. Not only did he let me look at the book, he let me borrow it - complete with the page already marked as to where the references are. I am terrified I am going to somehow lose it or damage it, and I feel like I should probably wear gloves so the oils on my skin do not hurt it in any way. It's THAT special. I am really loving it, seeing the translations from Chinese to English, and the commentary. I highly recommend it to anyone who, like me, really enjoys seeking out non-Biblical sources on Jesus. Finding Him in other ancient texts is such a cool thing.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Whoa -- I'd never heard of this book, but your post on it gives me goosebumps. I'll have to ask my pastor about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either until that sermon. I still have it and should probably give it back to my pastor now, but it is just so cool to me. So when people say there is no reference to Jesus or any of the phenomena related to that day, I can be like, "Not so fast, buddy!"

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!